Roasted Celeriac Soup
Warming winter roasted root vegetables, nurturing and super quick to prepare as the oven does all the work.
Blend then serve. Simple!
½ large celeriac, peeled and diced
1 carrot, chunky diced
1 potato, chunky diced
1 red onion, chunky sliced
4 cloves garlic, whole & unpeeled
2 cups water
5 sprigs thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup coconut cream (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200oC
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place all the vegetables and most of the thyme on the baking tray and dot bits of the coconut oil over the vegies
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until browned up, but give a mix about 5 minutes into cooking so the oil coats all the vegies while cooking
- Phone a friend and smell the goodness coming from your oven
- Remove the tray from the oven. Pop the garlic out of its skin (give it a squeeze and it should pop out but be careful they’re hot – disregard the skin) and transfer all the vegies to a high speed blender and add the water. Season.
- **Blend until smooth, add a little more water if it’s too thick
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme, coconut cream if using (and the roasted veg if you like) dolloped on top
**remove a handful of the chopped veg – and especially the red onion as it’s so yummy to garnish your soup