Roasted Baby Capsicums
Sweet and savory all in one. These delightful little roasted capsicums make a lovely accompaniment to a share meal or can be served with a green salad. Stuffed with tofu and herbs they are totally delicious and satisfying for lunch or dinner.
10-12 mini capsicums (red, orange, yellow)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely diced
½ zucchini, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ cups cubed firm tofu
¼ cup almond milk (or other milk)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Fresh basil leaves for serving
- Preheat the oven to 175oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the ends off the capsicums and scoop out the insides.
- In a frying pan over medium-low heat, sauté the onion in one tablespoon of olive oil until softened and transparent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and garlic and cook together until all is softened.
- In a food processor or Thermomix, pulse the tofu until it crumbles.
- Add the onion and zucchini mixture to be processed along with the milk, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Pulse on and off to combine all the ingredients – add a touch more milk if you think it needs it.
- Fill each capsicum with the tofu mixture and place them on the baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then rub all over so they are well coated.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they brown up nicely without burning.